Thursday, January 20, 2011

thank goodness for girls nights....

Last week was crazy busy... Paul had an event or worked late every night - I had junior league meetings, dinners out, etc. Plus, I get up so early for class or clients it just ended up being one of those weeks that we were "two ships passing in the night"
I was dying for some time together BUT Friday night was carved out for girls night weeks ago, so I couldn't bail. I pulled myself together for the PJ/Snuggie girls night IN party at Haley's house, (yes I wrote snuggie, lol!). "I'll just stay for an hour or so" I told myself... Well, I got home at 12:30am.... had a blast and I'm so glad I went!
Time with girlfriends is so important for our sanity! Its like wine for your soul! ;-) Turns out its just what I needed after such a long crazy week - wine, pj's, massage (yes, Haley had a massage therapist come for us!) Girl movies, yummy snacks, and celebrity gossip.
I returned to Paul the next day completely refreshed, de-stressed and like a new person. Plus, I was even more excited to spend the day with my hubby!

Thank goodness for girls nights!








No comments: