Tuesday, January 18, 2011

back to the pavement...


Paul and I were out with a group of friends Saturday night watching "The Dilemma" - it was not the best Vince Vaughn/Kevin James comedy but that's not why my attention wasn't on screen...
I was secretly excited for my 9mile run the next morning! It has been 6 weeks since I'd been out for a "long run" - the weather has been cold, crummy and wet therefore I've been a wimp about getting out in it.
So, I've been logging some serious treadmill time - I've done about 6-8miles or so... As much as I can stand running on a moving belt. Although, I do enjoy the TV on the treadmill (enjoyed watching MEAN GIRLS last weekend on TBS during a 6miler, ha ha!) But I was still dying to get out on the road again. Just me, my ipod, with my feet pounding the pavement. How therapeutic.

A Sunday long run is "me time"-- I think about what's coming up for the week, I talk to God, I pray for friends, I make new goals, I think about client workouts, I plan meals, I make mental to-do's, and I rest my mind.

Who is excited on Saturday night for a long run on Sunday - this girl!

No comments: