Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Masquerade!

This past Saturday we celebrated our friend Kara's 30th Birthday with a black and white Masquerade party at Antonio's restaurant in Addison. The party was a great theme idea and everyone has a blast putting together their masks and sporting their b&w duds.

The day before I made a trip to hobby lobby to gather supplies -- I grabbed everything in the craft aisle I think?! Glitter, glue, feathers, beads, confetti, anything that sparkled! Then, Saturday afternoon Paul and I turned our dining room table into a craft station. I must say, Paul got a little more into it than me...and his mask was a lot better than mine too! I forgot that he actually has an artsy side that he doesn't get to explore behind the doors of a law office! So, I was impressed with his skills -- however, he did go a little overboard with the pink ;-) (I wish I had more pictures of his masterpiece!)


Kara's party was a complete success -- and we sang karaoke, danced, ate and drank till we shut the place down!

No comments: