Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

I love Valentines day! I love all the cute kid valentines that are exchanged in school. I love the over-priced flowers that are sent. I love the conversation hearts and chocolate candies. I love the crowded restaurants and red and pink colors. I love hallmark cards both silly and heartfelt. I love tasty wine we feel ok drinking on a Monday...since it's February 14th! And I love the "smitten" feeling of the day :-)


But most of all I love Valentines Day for giving us an excuse, for giving us one day to purposely give the person in our life the love and attention they deserve. Because, let's face it -- life gets in the way and we don't do it like we should! So, thank you St. Valentine for giving us this day to share the gift of love with our significant other, friends and family....


Happy Valentines Day!

Paul and I spent all weekend celebrating. We kicked off by going out Friday night with Nelsons...Haley was having all the ladies over for a girls night in and the guys went out to Bob's Steak and Chop for a manly meal and drinks after. The girls did a 'sexy' gift exchange....you can only imagine! And we met up with the guys late-night. Saturday Paul treated me to One2One for our special V-day dinner. It was REALLY good and I had been wanting to check out that new restaurant which was a treat! My Valentine got me flowers, VS, candles and candies. Candy hearts are my favorite... I have eaten the entire bag, I think! Sunday we went out with friends to RA for sushi...but we had a nice intimate evening in on Monday. I made a carb-i-lious meal for my man! He'll be in a carb coma for awhile... ;-) Now, back to the diet!

No comments: