Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spring Race Calendar

I've started to work on my race calendar for the year. So far I've got my spring races picked out. I am concentrating on shorter distances with my longest races being two half marathons. Therefore, my training isn't taking too much time away from Paul, my body can re-coop and I can begin weight lifting again. My program right now is a lot of speedwork, hills, and tempo runs. They're hard workouts -- but nothing like the 3 hour long runs I was doing this fall to prepare for white rock. It feels good to switch things up!

Mar 5
Sat 8:00 AM DRC Trinity River Levee Run 10K

This will be a good race to get me back in the swing of racing again after my long hiatus!

Mar 27
Sun8:00 AM Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon 13.1M/ 2-person relay

I'm really looking forward to this race! I have several friends doing it and it benefits a great cause, too -- Susan G. Komen.

Apr 9
9-109:00 AM The Original Mud Run 10KLaGrave Field, Ft. Worth, TX

I have never done a MUD RUN before...I've always had something more serious on the docket -- so I figure this is the time to try! I am getting Paul to do the 6.2 muddy obstaclecourse with me!

May 7
Sat 8:00 AM DRC White Rock Lake Centennial Celebration Half Marathon 13.1M Winfrey Point, White Rock Lake, Dallas, TX

This is a big race in the Dallas area -- Several of my friends will be racing too! ;-)

No comments: