Thursday, February 10, 2011

ICED IN...and then SNOWED IN!

Well, last week the north sent down some ice and snow to Dallas! And we sure didn't handle it very well! Last week the entire city was shut down for 4 days...yes, seriously four days strait!
Now, you might think we're exaggerating a bit. But, Dallas just doesn't have the infrastructure to handle ice and snow. Our highways aren't built to handle this and we don't have salt trucks! and plows? That is a foreign word??
So, we waited...for it to melt. The kids loved being off school for 4 days but I was getting pretty antsy not getting out of the house other than up to the grocery store and to the Frisco YMCA and back.

Paul thought he was "the best texas driver in the snow" and managed to get to downtown 2 days...but he wouldn't let me drive much out of Frisco. ugh! Some of that because of the roads and part of that because he doesn't think I am a good driver to begin with... (ugh, men!)

The worst part was having to see little Milo literally "shake" every time he went outside to go potty...it broke my heart! I cuddled him up in a blanket after to warm him up! Yes, he is so spoiled... I even put on his Old Navy poof vest for his trips outside but it didn't seem to help.

We were all freezing! Well, I got my taste of Michigan I suppose... but I am very ready for my Dallas weather to return. Luckily they are forecasting 68 and sunny for this weekend - thanks goodness! I need to get out of the house! ;-)

No comments: