Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Registered for Chicago Marathon

On October 9th I will set off to finish one of the 5 major world marathons - Chicago. This will be my third 26.2 in the last 18months. I got hooked after completing my first race April 11, 2010. Running has certainly become a big part of who I am now and I am excited for my next big goal in the windy city!

I choose this race for a couple reasons. First, it's one of the big 5. Second, it's close to my midwest family and friends. Second, I wanted to get away from the Dallas terrain and simply try something new! I'm looking forward to Chicago's flat course but I know I'll have to deal with the wind and whatever October weather the lake brings that day....

I had Paul stay up late February 1st and sign me up to ensure I would make the cut! I didn't want to miss out on the race filling up. Over 45,000 runner compete each year and the race fills up almost instantly.

I'll take the early summer months "off" so to speak... and I'll begin training in July. Wish me luck training in the Dallas heat!

No comments: