Saturday, April 26, 2008

Our week at a glance!

It was another busy weekend in the Simon household! I had another interview (job search sidenote: I've had several interviews and (second interviews!) Overall, lots of good leads but nothing has fallen into place yet, unfortunately. I really like this desperate housewife gig, lol! - however, I'm getting VERY eager to get out of the house now. I may seriously look into something part-time "for fun" -- we'll see?)
Anyway, on a brighter note Paul was offered a position with the firm he met with a few weeks back - The Coles Firm. He's soooo excited as you can imagine. It's a small place, a few guys & paralegals and he'll be handling immigration law. Yes, he has a lot to learn since MSU law didn't even offer that specialty! We went to the firm's open house this Thursday to meet everyone and I must say that after seeing the group I think Paul will fit in nicely and really like it there. First of all, they're all wine drinkers ~ plus, the owner is a Duke grad and from the midwest.
But it was a sad good-bye to the crew at American Airlines - Paul has mixed feelings a little. But at the same time he was ready to move onto a permanent position with more responsibility. We went out for farewell drinks Friday with the group -- (yes, I looove hanging out with all these boring attorneys!)

2 comments:

Kate said...

CONGRATS PAUL! :)

DeWitt Family said...

Great news Paul!! Keep us updated on how it goes.