Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rock to Victory Half Marathon!!!

I Finished!

Yes, I completed my first half marathon - "Rock to Victory" :-) today!!!! The race course went through downtown Dallas and ended at American Airlines Center for a total of 13.1 miles!!!

I'm VERY happy to report that I COMPLETED the race and did it in 1:58:48. I came in under 2 hours which is a HUGE accomplishment for me, (especially since my goal was to just finish and jog the entire way!)
I was 568 overall and 23rd in my age-group (25-29) -- which isn't too bad for a beginner! Right?

A few people in my running group bailed on the race (didn't plan so well that it just happened to be St. Paddy's day weekend...) but my friend Beth and I ran it together and felt awesome afterwards. Much better than green beer! :-)

Here's a few pics from the race -- from my loving, supportive hubby!

Ready to run!

And we're off!

And I'm running!

We did it!

1 comment:

DeWitt Family said...

Congrats Jules!!! Way to go!!