Thursday, April 14, 2011

PR at Rock n Roll Dallas Half


On March 27th I had a pretty amazing day. I finished the Dallas Rock n Roll half marathon in 1:41:20... It was my best half yet! I PR'd as the runners like to say. It was a little cold for me (most athletes loved the cooler running weather!) But I still rocked it despite the chill in the air. Since it was colder we didn't stay for the after party ... Brett Michaels was headlining, bummer! But I left with my head held high that morning. What a feeling - A runners high for sure.
I haven't ran a 13.1 in a year (focused on the two fulls and a few shorter distances) so I didn't know where I would net out. But my goal was to run a 1:50:00 -- so that's where I lined up and that's who I paced with for the first half. But after about 5 miles my breathing regulated, my body warmed up and my legs carried me faster and faster. The second half of the race"guy with green shirt" and I paced each other with 7:30 miles to both finish in 1:41. We high five'd each other, hugged, and celebrated at the finish...I'm pretty sure I'll never see him again but "guy with green shirt" and I accomplished something great that morning and I'm thankful I found him on the course! I'm thankful for him, the flat course, the cool weather and the last 3 miles downhill to the finish! Oh, and for a wonderful hubby that stood at 4 different mile markers to cheer me on! What a guy!?
The best news is that this FAST time earned me entrance into a corral at the Chicago marathon. Which means I won't have to be in the "open" category with all the newbies. (they accept both half and full times within the last year) I'm excited!

No comments: