Wednesday, May 7, 2008

White Rock Lake

On Friday Paul and I headed out to White Rock Lake to meet up with his sailing friends for one of the clubs "First Friday" parties -- they have them the first Friday of each month during the Summer. We celebrated "Cinco de Mayo" style with Margarita's, Coronas and Fajitas while enjoying the sunset out on the lake. It was absolutely beautiful! Some brave souls took out some boats -- however, there was NO WIND. Needless to say, they weren't moving at all -- zero knots! (yes, I said "knots" -- I know a few things about sailing!)
The Corinthian Sailing Club is the one of the oldest sailing clubs on White Rock Lake. Paul's eager to become a member but I'm pulling for a few other things first!

After our night at the lake we headed to uptown and had a few $2 Coronas with Derek and Kumar at Tribeca. I was exhausted -- it's amazing how much just being by the water can take it out of you....(not to mention that beer, I guess!)

No comments: